Organisation and actors
The success of NRP 70 depends on a number of actors from research and the administration.
The Steering Committee is responsible for running the programme and for the entire process - from selecting projects to scientific quality assurance to the elaboration of the products at the end of the programme.
The programme manager and the president of the Steering Committee are responsible for the operational management. The team for knowledge and technology transfer (KTT) is responsible for the communication of the research results to target audiences. The representatives of the two federal offices (SFOE and SERI) work with the Steering Committee and communicate results to the administration.
The National Research Council of the SNSF is ultimately responsible for the NRP. The delegate of the Research Council acts as a link between the Research Council and the Steering Committee.
Steering Committee of NRP 70
- Prof. em. Dr. Hans-Rudolf Schalcher, ETH Zurich (President)
- Prof. em. Dr. Göran Andersson, ETH Zurich
- Prof. em. Dr. René L. Flükiger, Département de Physique de la Matière Condensée (DPMC), University of Geneva
- Prof. em. Dr. Beat Hotz-Hart, University of Zurich (member of the Steering Committee of NRP 71 who will attend meetings of the Steering Committee of NRP 70)
- Dr. Tony Kaiser, E-Consulting, Bülach
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Kleiner, Institut für Umformtechnik und Leichtbau (IUL), University of Dortmund, Germany
- Prof. em. Dr. Martha Lux-Steiner, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin/Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Dimos Poulikakos, Director, LTNT-Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging Technologies, ETH Zurich (until 30 April 2019)
- Dr. Jan van der Eijk, Technology and Business Innovation Consultant, Dordrecht
Delegates of the National Research Council
- Prof. Dr. Peter Chen, Laboratory of Organic Chemistry (LOC), (LOC), ETH Zurich (until 31 January 2015)
- Prof. Dr. Dimos Poulikakos, Director, LTNT-Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging Technologies, ETH Zurich, ETH Zurich (from 1 May 2019)
- Prof. Dr. Frank Scheffold, Departement für Physik, Universität Freiburg (1 February 2015 until 30 April 2019)
Representatives of the Confederation
- Dr. Sebastian Friess, Leiter Innovationspolitik, Staatssekretariat für Bildung, Forschung und Innovation (SBFI), Bern (until 30 April 2017)
- Dr. Rolf Schmitz, Head of Energy Research Section, Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE), Berne
- Dr. Stefan Husi, Swiss National Science Foundation, Bern
Team for Knowledge and Technology Transfer (KTT-Team)
- Dr. Andrea Leu (team leader), Senarclens, Leu + Partner AG, Zurich
- Theres Paulsen, Network for transdisciplinary research td-net, Swiss academies for arts and sciences, Bern (until 31 December 2016)
- Daniel Schaller, Planair AG, La Sagne (TCT Antenne Romande / from 1 January 2018)
- Dr. Oliver Wimmer, cR Kommunikation AG, Zurich